Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moving house

I MAY be selling my home.  I'm really happy and comfortable in my little home, but I really do want a bit more living space, especially for entertaining.  There's a part of this decision that excites me because I will get to live in a slightly bigger, more comfortable home.  But there is also a part of this decision that scares me (because of the cost of the move) and exhausts me (because of all the work involved in physically packing up and moving house). 

I've had a look at 2 properties which although they are larger than my current home, they were also really awful.   I'm determined that I won't buy something unless it speaks to my heart.  I may even decide to stay where I am if I don't find something great.  I'm ok with that.  The process of moving home can be very unsettling and stressful, rated on the stress scale alongside death and divorce.  Fear and hope lie side by side in my mind and my heart.  I want my new home to rise up and meet me at the door, whispering "welcome home". 

It's early days and I have just put my home on the market.  Here's a quick look at my existing home...










2 comments:

  1. Your current home is gorgeous - love your style ... it does seem thought the craft room is the biggest space - and a creative girl wouldn't want it any other way. Everything of the best with the new phase of your life you are about to venture on.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my friend, The photos really do your home justice. I am keeping you in my prayers as you embark on this challenging time. Just remember, I love to pack kitchens and I'm really good at papering shelves! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete