Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mini book

My friend Cathy turns 40 in July, so I have been helping her make invitations and thank you notes.  She is hosting high tea at The Farm House in Linden, Johannesburg.  I have also made a birthday message book for Cathy.  On the day, I will ask all guests to write a special birthday message in the book and then add a picture of each guest onto the back of the message page (I am taking photo's on the day and will hopefully get a photo of Cathy with each guest)

To make the book, I used 12x12 lined scrapbooking paper which I cut into 15cm x 15cm pieces.  I inked around the edge of each mini page, and then used my stamps to add words onto the pages.  I used 2 O-rings to bind the pages (so that I can add more pages later if needed) and added ribbon to the binding rings.  I'm sure she'll like the message book, and that it will become a treasured keepsake.  Here are some photo's of the project (apologies for the dark unedited photo's, but I wanted to share them with you)

The front of the invitations

Cathy typed the invitation wording onto vellum

some of the berry coloured paper for the mini book

15cm x 15cm pages

words stamped onto the pages

waiting for the ink to dry; the patterned dots
are on the back of the lined pages

putting it all together

the final product - the birthday message book

No comments:

Post a Comment