Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cape Town

Cape Town - a workers report (LOL).  I work at our Cape Town office for a few days each month.  This is the first time that I have been in Cape Town during the arrival of a cold front.  Truth?  These Capetonians know NOTHING about the real cold.  Yep, it's windy as anything and if you stand in the wind, yep, it's cold.  But nowhere near as icy as Johannesburg in winter - the Jozi cold is a biting, stinging, nasty kinda cold.  Johannesburg is usually dry during winter, but today it is raining - global warming or just a bit of craziness in the weather patterns?

So...I arrived in Cape Town from Johannesburg on Tuesday morning, and I fly home on Thursday afternoon.  I usually stay at the Vineyard Hotel, and our office is in Observatory.


My hotel room; I was sooo tired last night, I'm sure that I slept a hole in the bed!

I worked late into the night, trying to catch up on a monster workload

Me. Last night.  Worked too late.  Ate too much sugar and carbs.

View from my hotel room early this morning.

The view from our office in Cape Town.

I plan on working much less in Cape Town today, and hopefully getting to enjoy some down time.  I hope to leave the office at a reasonable time and visit a few of my favourite shops to catch up on gift shopping for upcoming birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment