Thursday, April 12, 2012

Food blog

Woolworths was selling 'hot cross bun bread' over Easter (just good old raisin bread to you and I).  After a while, I got tired of toasted raisin bread for breakfast.  I used the (by now stale) raisin bread to make bread and butter pudding for one on Saturday night - so delicious!


This is what I did...
  • 2 slices of raisin bread with butter on both sides, smushed (yes - that's a word!) into a greased oven-proof bowl
  • mixed 1 egg, half a cup of cream and a bit of sugar, poured this mixture over the bread and waited about 15 minutes to soak through
  • baked for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
  • I ate it as is, it didn't need any custard
I'll definitely make this again.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, Yum, looks really delicious. And so quick, meal for one. Thanks for sharing, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect dessert for our next scrapbooking get together ... I LOVE bread pudding!!!

    ReplyDelete