Monday, January 9, 2012

Goalsetting for 2012

I am a firm believer in goalsetting.  Certainly at the start of each year, and then frequently during the year.  My view is that even if I only achieve half of what I planned to do in any given year, it's still more than I would have achieved if I'd just muddled through the year hoping for the best.  Goals focus me, they narrow my attention to what I want to achieve, they help to drown out the noise of all the things that I have to do every day.

Over on Becky's blog, she recently posted a piece on resolutions, where she included this...

N. Eldon Tanner (1898 – 1982) said:

As we reflect on the value of resolving to do better, let us determine to discipline ourselves to carefully select the resolutions we make, to consider the purpose for making them, and finally to make commitments for keeping them and not letting any obstacle stop us. Let us remind ourselves at the beginning of each day that we can keep a resolution just for that day.

So my 2 big goals for 2012 are:
  • work on being fit, strong and healthy
  • kick up my creativity to new levels

To support my health goal, I have joined Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Well class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  It consists of monthly projects, making a commitment to fitness, and just generally huge encouragement to get my butt moving and eat better!



In terms of my eat well goal...I love iced coffee.  I found this mix at Woolworths.  I mix it with crushed ice instead of milk, and it is sooo refreshing on a scorching hot day in Africa.  And almost fat free

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, What a fantastically motivating post on a Monday morning. I really like the quote. I wish you well in your goal to MOVE more this year. Your iced coffee looks goooooood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best for 2012. Thanks vir the tip on Woolies Iced Coffee Mix - will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete