Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my blog - go me!  I have really enjoyed blogging, so the journey continues.

This past weekend was also my sister Rose-Marie's 50th birthday.  It started off with a party on Saturday night at the Harley-Davidson Club in Johannesburg

We bought Rosie some devils horns and bling glasses

and some black 'naughty angel wings'

Rosie, Mom and I - mom hated the crazy loud music!

I really enjoy spending time with my friend Pat

The monster chocolate birthday cake - it was delicious!

Rose-Marie on her Harley

I hosted a birthday brunch for the family on Sunday morning


My older brother and partner in crime - Michael 

We then headed north to Bidrest game farm on Sunday afternoon.

Despite the heat wave (it was 36 degrees in the shade!), we did a late afternoon
game drive and spotted this white rhino mother and her baby. 
They are desperately under threat from poachers,
2 rhino have already been poached on ths farm

These hippo snorted loudly while we sipped sundowners at the dam
It is an amazing sound in the African bush

and then the sun set in Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment