Friday, October 21, 2011

Family gathering

We managed to get together as a family on Saturday, a really rare occasion.  My older sister Rose-Marie is in the fight for her life against multiple forms of cancer, and right now, the prognosis is not good.  We all gathered at her home to support her and really just to take time out together as a family.

Back row : Step father Rob, Alison, my younger brother Robbie,
my niece Elizabeth (being a super-brat here!) and her mom, Tonia.
Front row : Rose-Marie, my mother Shirley and my older brother Michael


Rosie, mom and me




We're holding on, we're trying to find our way in a world filled with disease and doctors and medication and fear and uncertainty.  We're doing our best, we're making mistakes, we're trying to be brave.  Worst case scenario is a few months, best case scenario is a year.  This happens to other people, it doesn't happen to us...right?  Wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment