Monday, July 4, 2011

Book review

I love books, I love to read, and I never seem to have enough time to read all the books that I want to.  I keep a list of books that I have read, and I rate them on a scale of 1-10.  Here's part of my list with the ratings, which are:

7-10 : Excellent
6 : Good
4-5 : Average
1-3 : Don't bother

7-10 : Excellent
  • 3 cups of tea by Greg Mortenson (10)
  • A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini (10)
  • The happiness project by Gretchen Rubin (9)
  • A guide to the birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson (9)
  • Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb (8)
  • Baking cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin (8)
  • Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (8)
  • Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (8)
  • My sisters keeper by Jodi Picoult (8)
  • Sky Burial by Xinran (8)
  • The promise of rain by Donna Milner (7)
  • Red tape and white knuckles by Lois Pryce (7)
  • Message from an unknown Chinese mother by Xinran (7)
  • Body Clutter by Cilla & Ely (7)
  • Two little girls in blue by Mary Higgins Clark (7)
  • Fabulously 40 and beyond by M Orford & K Schimke (7)
6 : Good
  • The Good Women of China by Xinran
  • The camel bookmobile by Masha Hamilton
  • The Rabbi's daughter by Reva Mann
  • Tears of the desert by Hamila Basheer
  • 90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
  • Do I look fat in this? by Rhonda Britten
  • Daddy's girl by Margie Orford
  • When hungry, eat by Joanne Fedler
4-5 : Average
  • Valeria's last stand by Marc Fitten (5)
  • Five wishes by Gay Hendricks (5)
  • The Russian concubine by Kate Furnivall (5)
  • The cross country quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini (5)
  • The handbag and wellies yoga club by Lucy Edge (4)
  • The fall of lucifer by Wendy Alec (4)
  • Mercy by Jodi Picoult (5)
1-3 : Don't bother
  • The bodies left behind by Jeffery Deaver
  • Chicken Hawk by Robert Mason
  • I usually stop reading books by chapter 3 or 4 if I am really not enjoying it
This is my personal list and the ratings are based on my enjoyment of the books, so relax if there is a book on the list which you enjoyed but I didn't. I can highly recommend the books on my 'excellent' list - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment