Thursday, September 10, 2015

Scrapbooking retreat

Last weekend was probably the coldest weather we've had in South Africa all year.  It was totally freezing cold and it rained!  Lynn, Leonie and I headed to the East Rand (Germiston) on Friday afternoon to attend the scrapbooking retreat hosted by Lara Hanna of Scrapbook 'n Things at Lion's Rest Guest House.  There were about 40 ladies at the retreat which ended on Sunday.
 
Lynn 

Leonie 



The gardens are full of lots and lots and lots of animal statues
...and some caged birds - I don't like birds to be in cages, it made me sad




 
The venue was 'ok' (I probably won't be back next year...just saying...), the food was awful, the scrapbook pages were gorgeous (the 3 of us chose the travel theme pack), Lara spoilt us with lots of giveaways, it was great having a shop with lots of supplies available, I met a few new scrapbooking sisters,  and I loooved spending time with Lynn and Leonie.  It was a good weekend.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved spending the weekend with two of my favourite sisters!!!!

    Next year ... Let's buy the packs and go to Good Shepherd for our own retreat!!!!

    ReplyDelete