Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend in review

The weather has been mild and reasonably warm for Autumn, hope it lasts!  We went to Irene Country Market on Saturday morning, and it was lovely.  We have amazingly talented people in South Africa, and the craft industry (sometimes called the shadow economy) is thriving.  However, there were a lot less vendors at the market than usual, I wonder why?
 

the pretty bunting was so festive, loved it!




Alison, Lynn and Connor


Robbie and I


Elizabeth and Katie were so well behaved


Robbie and Tonia enjoy this light and delicious beer, it's brewed in the Cape


Leonie and I enjoyed the coffee (of course!)

 
 
Some of my purchases at the market - a beautiful berry coloured winter jacket
for just R140-00


Gorgeous salad servers embellished with hand made beads


I love cut glass, so was delighted with this bowl and mini vase

  
 
After the market, we popped in to Scrap-a-doodles for some essential scrapbooking supplies, and then headed home.  My day was far from over, but more on that in the next post!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like all had a fab time. My favourite is of course also the cutglass items.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The visit to the market was wonderful and then scrap-a-doodles just finished off the outing perfectly.

    ReplyDelete