Thursday, April 18, 2013

Autumn

We have a relatively short but usually very cold winter in Johannesburg.  Winter usually lasts 5 months - from April to August, but September can also be quite chilly; we generally don't have any snow or rain, just lots of frost.  The days are warm, but the nights are freezing cold on the highveld.  After the extended icy winter in the northern hemisphere this year, the weather gurus predict a colder than usual winter for South Africa; I really hope they are wrong!
 
Signs of Autumn are everywhere, and we've already had a couple of really cold days, but a few of the plants in my garden are fighting back and insisting on clinging to summer...
 









 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome photography. For me autumn and spring are the best seasons in Gauteng,
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also seen the signs everywhere ... especially the abundance of cosmos. I also hope the gurus are wrong ... I like the cooler weather but not the biting cold of a highveld winter. Cooler weather gives us more reason to scrapbook!!! LOL!!!

    Love your photos my friend ... stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete