Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend in review

Miss Ruby had dental surgery on Friday to remove 2 teeth that were worrying her.  The surgery went well, but she had a bad reaction to the anesthetic (just like her mama does!), so I spent the weekend nursing a sick kitty.  Both her arms were shaved to get the drip in.  She threw up throughout Friday night, was weak and disorientated all of Saturday, and was out chasing lizards by mid-morning on Sunday.  She's now cross with her mama because she still has to have antibiotics twice a day for the next week. 
 


 
I scrapped on Saturday with Lynn, Linda and Lynette at Wilro Park Baptist Church at an event organised by Lara Hanna and Sharon Coetzer.  It's such a good 'value for money' day, just R385 for 2 double layouts and lunch, and if we pay early, we get a few extra goodies.  Here are the layouts that we did...
 





 
And I finished another neck warmer.  I'm actually really enjoying crocheting.  Maybe I'll keep this one for myself...
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ag shame, sorry to hear about Miss Ruby's surgery, but am pleased to hear that she is back to her old self. Love your take on the layouts and it looks like you all had a wonderful time. That neck warmer will definitely come in handy this winter.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Miss Ruby is doing better my friend. Love you finished layouts .. it really is good value for money and even more special when I share it with you.

    The neck warmer is very pretty ... nice colour for you!

    Looking forward to scrapping with you on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete