Thursday, September 15, 2011

Working in the mother city

I have been working in Cape Town for the last 3 days.  When I arrived on Tuesday, it was cold and wet.  Wednesday was warmer and sunny; today is cold and wet again. 

We have just moved into our new offices in Observatory

The view from our office; on a clear day,
we look out over the back of Table Mountain

My gorgeous room at the Vineyard Hotel in Newlands
The staff are so friendly and helpful

the garden outside my bedroom

ready for another day at the office

the view as I drove to work on Wednesday morning


the same view in the traffic this morning

protea bushes grow all along the side of the road

more flowers at the roadside





and more traffic

And finally, a message from Joel Osteen...

Open the door to Joy
When you wake up each morning, God sends you a special delivery of joy. It’s like it comes knocking at the door of your heart every day. The problem is that some people never answer the door. It’s right there, month after month, year after year saying, “Come on! Let me in! You can be happy! You can cheer up! You can enjoy your life!” The way to answer the door is to get up and choose an attitude of faith and expectancy by declaring that “today is going to be a good day.” When you start the day like that, you are choosing to receive the gift of joy that God sent to you.
Today, make up your mind to answer the door to joy! Get up every morning and say, “Father, thank You for another beautiful day. I’m going to be happy. I’m going to enjoy this day because You are faithful. I’m going to brighten someone else’s life. I am choosing to receive Your gift of joy and passing it on to others because I love You, and I know that I am called for Your purposes!”
I'm working on finding joy each day and focusing on the positive things in life.  Some days are better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment