Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Art Journalling

I started pottering around with art journalling recently.  It attracts me because it is a wild thing in spirit.  I'm very orderly and structured and controlled in my scrapbooking (and in my life...?), so I'm working with art journalling for a while to try and break that sense of always colouring inside the lines. 

This is a piece that I played with recently - I was feeling very sad for a long while and then suddenly everything was ok again.  I know that we all have good days and bad days.  This time my bad days just felt incredibly sad; it surprised me because I am usually a positive person.


I love Donna Downey's loose and free and wild and crazy art journalling.  I will play some more and explore and experiment.

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are always inspiring Ali. I like your art journalling ... I've often wanted to give it a try, but just never get around to it. I prefer 'mood boards' - evne though they should be about our aspirations, I like to put a few pictrues up that describe how I'm feeling - usually helps me figure what I'm avoiding. Hope you're feeling more upbeat.

    ReplyDelete