Thursday, September 8, 2011

A gentle and creative life

"What is peace really, but a sense of coping with what life hands us, expanding our outlook to encompass the good and reject the bad.  To have a view from 'the mountaintop' is perhaps to sit still, and see through to the peace within"
            ** Jan Yoder Russell **

I am doing some work with a personal coach, and a key question that I grapple with is 'how can I live a life that is more gentle and creative?'.  The everyday chaos and urgent deadlines and overwhelming workload is weighing heavily on me.  I don't like it.  I don't have a lot of fun in my life right now.  Surely it's not normal or right to relax and laugh only over weekends?  I know that I want a different kind of every day. 

My coach wisely suggested that I look for ways of having a more gentle and creative life NOW, rather than waiting for some future time when this will happen.  And so I ponder how I can do this.  She says I shouldn't over-think this.  Not easy for a thinker and a worrier.  What are the little changes that will make a big difference to the quality of my life?  I'll come back to you later.  What would YOU do?


No comments:

Post a Comment