Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mini books to share

I love making mini books - mostly as gifts.  I have a Zutter bind-it-all which is very useful for whipping up quick gift book.  Here are 2 which I made a while ago.

Matchbook album

I used the idea of a book of matches to make an album of my girls
The outside of the matchbook is covered in protective plastic

the mini pages are bound only on the left with the ribbon


Inspirational chipboard album

I covered this chipboard album in paper and my favourite quotes.
I made this album at a very difficult time in my life,
and kept it next to my bed for comfort and encouragement.
I still page through it often







Tomorrow is election day in South Africa - an opportunity to exercise our democratic rights and responsibilities by voting.  I'm praying for a peaceful and fair election.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ali ... Your mini books are always so gorgeous. Can't wait for our scrap date on Saturday. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini books are awesome. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete