Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bush Break

It was my birthday in January so I arranged a mini bush break to Black Rhino Game Lodge in Pilanesberg Nature Reserve.  I drove up on a Saturday morning in beautifully cool weather, it's about a 3 hour drive from home on good roads.  I checked in, had lunch (delicious ostrich fillet), and then relaxed until going out on the game drive at 4.
 
 



Lodge number 16 was home for the weekend - such a clever room layout

 
 


 
 



I opened the stacking doors wide and listened to ...silence ...birds ... frogs.  I LOVED it!  I read, I doodled in my colouring book, I breathed deeply


I travelled alone but I wasn't 'alone'.  I met wonderful people at the lodge, and never ate a meal alone.  I enjoyed the freedom to be on my own or spend time with the other guests.  On day 1, I had dinner with Bryan and Dell from Australia.  I was delighted that they were also keen birders and photographers.



Thank you Lord for blessing me with the opportunity to visit this beautiful place and to meet new people.
 

1 comment: