Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A parcel from the post office

It's no secret, I LOVE books.  A big box of books from the post office is pure joy to me.  I maintain that I never have enough time to do all the nothing that I want to, to take the many long walks that I want to, and to read all the books that I want to.

I love these book quotes...
"Wicked people never have time for reading. It’s one of the reasons for their wickedness"
                                          ** Lemony Snicket **
"If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books in their house, don’t sleep with them. I think that’s very important"
                                          ** John Waters **
"The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – that you’d thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you’ve never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it’s as if a hand has come out, and taken yours
                                                                          ** Alan Bennett **
"It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it" 
                                                 ** Oscar Wilde **



a few copies of a book I love, to share as gifts

Miss Ruby is delighted at the prospect of a new box.  Not all boxes are equal. 
One must have many different boxes scattered around the house. 
Boxes which mom regularly falls over. 


a few books to encourage my new interest in art journalling



a delicious pile of new books

Aaah, the joy of a new box...purrr...

Go take a look at Mary Ann Moss' blog.  She has just been on a gorgeous solitary reading retreat.  That is such an awesome idea.  I have added a reading retreat to my bucket list.  Must do this sometime.  Soon.

What are YOU reading right now?