Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shoes of peace

The last several weeks have been really tough for me.  I'm coming across so many people who are angry and mean-spirited.  They are in such a rush and they push and shove and growl at the world. 

I love the ministry of Joyce Meyers and in her CD teaching 'calm down and cheer up', she encourages us to "wear our shoes of peace".  The fruits of the spirit include joy and peace.  When I come across people who are angry and charging at me, I'm trying to wear my shoes of peace and to consciously choose peace by backing down and walking away.  It's not about letting people walk over us; it's about choosing our battles wisely.

2 Corinthians 4:we've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralised; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do.  We've been terrorised, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken.  What they did to Jesus, they do to us - trial and torture, mockery and murder; what Jesus did among them, He does in us - He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment