Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dinner at Jamie's

London was unseasonably warm with the lowest monthly rainfall for March in 40 years - so happy that this South African did not freeze her butt off! 

Highlight : I had dinner at Jamie Oliver's Italian Restaurant in Canary Wharf


Italian nacho's starter

Chocolate brownie with icecream

My dessert was the chocolate and fig tart
with orange creme fraiche

My colleagues

One of my goals for 2011 is to try new restaurants.  I'm keeping a list which I will share with you from time to time.  I rate the experience at Jamie's as 7 out of 10 - it was good but not excellent.  The service was also very slow, although our waiter was very friendly.  My main course of porcini mushroom pasta was bland and rubbery, but the starters and dessert were good. 


On the following night, we had dinner at Hazev Turkish restaurant in Canary Wharf - the food was outstanding and scores a mighty 9 out of 10.  The food was fresh, very tasty, and the service was very fast and attentive.  Take note Mr. Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment