Thursday, March 10, 2011

Calm down and carry on

The last several weeks have just felt so incredibly tough, as though everyone is angry and short-tempered, like people are finding fault with everything and overlooking what's good in the world.  I don't like this.  So I've been diving into my stash of beloved books and magazines and the Bible.  I have found a ton of wisdom and encouragement.

"Life can deal us blows, and no-one feels constant exhiliration.  What's attainable though, is comfort with yourself, satisfaction with your work and a quiet knowing that you don't need another possession to be all right"
          *** Oprah ***

"I go forth, alone, and stand as ten thousand.  I realise I am not the first person to face big challenges.  This has been done before.  I can do it again, maybe even better"
          *** Maya Angelou (poem called "Our grandmothers") ***

B R E A T H E.  Slow down.  Calm down. And then carry on.



Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment