Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Enjoying peace in His presence

Sarah Young: Jesus Calling - Enjoy Peace in His Presence
 
I'm reading a daily devotional called Jesus calling: enjoying peace in His presence.  It is such a blessing in my life.  Here is one of the devotionals...
 
Strive to trust Me in more and more areas of your life.  Anything that tends to make you anxious is a growth opportunity.  Instead of running away from these challenges, embrace them, eager to gain all the blessings I have hidden in the difficulties.  If you believe that I am sovereign over every aspects of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations. 
 
Don't waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been.  Start at the present moment - accepting things exactly as they are - and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances.
 
Trust is like a staff you can lean on as you journey uphill with Me.  If you are trusting in Me consistently, the staff will bear as much of your weight as needed.  Lean on, trust, and be confident in Me with all your heart and mind.
 
 
I hope this blesses you abundantly today!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey my friend, That is exactly what I needed to hear and the blessing is certainly abundant. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is part of human nature to run from difficulty and hardship....but when we look back...it was those times that you were more on your knees and closer to the Lord. Down in the valley is where all the growth happens....but we yearn for only mountain top experiences.

    ReplyDelete