Thursday, May 16, 2013

A parcel in the post

I always get a little excited about receiving a parcel in the post.  I subscribed to the monthly Studio Calico scrapbooking kit at the beginning of the year, and then the postal strike happened in Johannesburg.  I saw the monthly debits to my credit card but never received any packages.  Just as I was about to contact Studio Calico, I received 3 boxes in the mail, a bit battered but the contents were fine.
 








 
With the exchange rate and postal costs, the kits cost me about R480-00 per month; I estimate that I receive goods to the value of around R250-00, so this is not good value for me.  Admittedly all the items in the kit are brand new designs, but 12 sheets of paper, a few embellishments and one or two other bits and pieces does not equal R480.  I need to try and cancel my subscription.  Lesson learnt...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Alison your fur baby is definitely seriously intrigued by all of this, the same as you are about the cost of your yummy scrap stash.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, Glad you eventually got your parcels and disappointed that they were not worth the price you paid ~ the postage sure is the killer!!!!

    Ruby is such a precious little girl!!!! and I know how she loves boxes.

    ReplyDelete