Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mini book

This is the mini book that I worked on over the weekend.  It's a book called "I want to remember...".  I find that I get lost in the chaos and seriousness of my worklife, and I forget that I am an artist with a creative dream, I sometimes forget the real me...  I want a place to store all the truths and wisdom that I want to remember when the going gets tough.  I need words that are filled with hope and light and comfort and encouragement.

I covered board with some of my favourite papers, typed up the things that I want to remember (I've been keeping a list for a while now), and added embellishments.  Lisa from the Memory Shed helped me with the cover and then put it all together using the Zutter bind-it-all.  It's still a work in progress, I'll be adding a few more things to it, but I love the overall result...











3 comments:

  1. Alison, this is awesome, you have got such talent to be so arty. Thanks for sharing this book, what a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.word. This is so beautiful. I want one just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having seen the book "in the flesh" I can say that it is absolutely beautiful ~ You are a creative genius my friene!!!

    ReplyDelete