Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Brookdale Health Hydro

I treated myself to an early Christmas gift (3 to 6 November) by spending 4 days at the glorious Brookdale Health Hydro in the Natal Midlands.  It was a loong drive of five and a half hours, but the roads were very good.  I met many courageous, talented women, all indulging in a bit of comfort and pampering.  The food was delicious, but 1200 calories a day does NOT go very far!  The environment was breathtaking.  I discovered some lovely new products (Clarins and Guinot); I bought some of the new (expensive) products.  So glad that I am able to treat myself.

Methinks I may make this an annual solitary retreat?


The spa - photo taken on a too-brisk morning walk - phew!



The early morning view from my bedroom, as I sip forbidden coffee
(they don't serve coffee at the spa, they encourage us to drink herbal tea)

My very comfortable bedroom

All oiled-up after another treatment
I don't look my best in a white gown.  I don't care


No comments:

Post a Comment