Saturday, March 31, 2018

Barranco farewell

Back in Lima, our guide took us on a mini tour of Lima by night through the bohemian district of Barranco and its traditional Bridge of Sighs. We then had dinner and watched a show in “La Dama Juana” restaurant, which features Peruvian dances, music and folklore from the Coast, Andean and Amazon regions.













After a magnificent holiday, it was the long journey home via Sao Paolo in Brazil.  Coffee helped



a few of my Peruvian treasures - the Tari crema de aji is a fantastic hot sauce 



I'm totally in love with Peruvian table runners!  I should have bought a lot more of them 


This alpaca shawl is so gorgeous and will keep me warm in winter 


Alpaca wool for a little crocheted knee blanket 


 Hot sauce which is made in the Amazon jungle - yummy




and a few gifts for my nieces, family and friends




Our Peruvian adventure was awesome, amazing and incredible. I enjoy all my holidays, but this one...Peru is a very special place, forever in my heart.
 

1 comment: