Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekend in review

I had such a great weekend filled with lots of different things on Saturday, and then a quiet day at home on Sunday with my beloved darling angel Ruby....
 
On Saturday morning, I had breakfast with my friend Pat at Paputzi's in Linden.  She's battling to recover after a partial knee replacement
 



I then headed over the road to Arthur Bales - they sell gorgeous fabric and wool.  The fabric in the window is drool-worthy (I sometimes wish I was interested in sewing!)

 
I've crocheted 100 (yes - one hundred!) tiny granny squares in Vinnis cotton to make a shawl, but I can't understand the pattern on how to put it together.  Natalie is a Romanian lady at Arthur Bales who teaches monkeys like me to crochet and knit.  She said "come, you sit" in a thick accent.  I obeyed.  Turns out the pattern was wrong, so she showed me an 'easy' way to put the shawl together.  It will take me a while to finish the shawl, but I think I know what to do now
 




I spent Saturday afternoon at my cousin Owen's home visiting with family (we've clearly had far too much sugar in this photo!), and then on Saturday night, I attended a wonderful Passover supper at Honeyridge Baptist Church.  I'll share more in my next post


1 comment: