I'm in an interesting place right now...feeling fat and chunky, convinced that I have gained a lot of weight, but the scale says it isn't so. I have experienced phenomenal levels of stress during the past few months, it's all just catching up with me now, and when I'm stressed, I eat. Wish it wasn't so. So I've spent a fair bit of time during the last month knowing that I need a plan, pondering what works for me, and what will be kind to my 47 year old body. The Move More Eat Well class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking is a constant reminder that I'm committed to taking better care of myself. The journey is just very tough for me right now.
my recent Move More Eat Well pages
sooo, I'm working on...
- being gentle with myself
- getting more sleep each night
- making sure I don't do anything extreme around food or exercise
- making time to be creative - it relaxes and de-stresses me
- being very firm about what I will not put up with - I'm drawing big thick boundary lines and not allowing people to treat me badly, and I won't spend time with people who make me miserable
- trying not to worry about things that I can't control
"Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the little voice
at the end of the day that says
I'll try again tomorrow"