Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sunshine, freedom and flowers

"Just living is not enough,
said the butterfly.
One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower"
       ***Hans Christian Andersen***


This little verse is so reflective of how I am feeling right now - positive and excited about 2011, but also reflective of last year and where I am right now.
I love setting goals for each year (call them resolutions or intentions or whatever); my view is that even if I only achieve half of my annual goals, I'm still better off than having set no goals for the year.  Case in point - one of my 2010 goals was to create a blog and voila!  Done - success - yay!

Right now, I'm mulling over 2011 travel options (Italy or Israel?), moving more and eating less (see http://www.cathyzielske.typepad.com/), maybe taking some cooking lessons, trying out new restaurants and balancing things just a little bit better than I did last year.  And finding regular ways of enjoying sunshine, freedom and flowers.

What are YOUR goals for this year?

a

No comments:

Post a Comment