Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Crochet Group

Our regular crochet and knitting group met up on Saturday at Mugg and Bean.  It was a good turnout of 10 ladies (actually 9 ladies and a very sweet teenager!) and it was such a lovely afternoon.  It's inspiring to see what everyone is working on, and to share patterns and ideas.
 
Pat and Patsy with the gorgeous CAL which Patsy has made 

Lynn is making a beautiful baby blanket


My sister Caron is making a doggy blanket

Lynn and Paddy who is knitting a scarf 

yep...I've cut my hair short 

Frances is knitting a beautiful shawl 
(not sure why I didn't photograph her head!  Seriously?)

Pat is crocheting a kitty blanket and Patsy is knitting a beanie 


Nicky, Lynn, Gabi and Caron

Leonie recently roped me in to doing a lesson on Tunisian crochet.   I wasn't really keen to learn Tunisian crochet, but since the lesson, I am totally hooked!  It's a little bit complicated to get going and the corners are a bit tricky, but within 2 hours, we learnt what we needed to know and now we're steaming ahead.  It's a relatively simple 11-stitch pattern so we're using a normal crochet hook, not the long Tunisian hook.  I have already finished crocheting up 5 balls of chunky wool and am waiting for more from the wool shop.  This will probably be a small blanket...I'll let you know once I'm done.

I found this book at my local CNA, it's got gorgeous and relatively easy patterns for blankets.  So many projects...so little time.
 

1 comment: