Tuesday, January 3, 2017

One little mantra


I love the idea of 'one little word' and it has worked well for me.  My word for 2016 was KINDNESS, and it did make me mindful to be more kind and considerate, especially when I was exhausted and frazzled and didn't really feel like being kind to anyone. 
 
But I need something different for 2017, and the phrase "be that girl" has been resonating so strongly with me in the last few weeks.  It's still bubbling in my head about what that means for me, but here is some of where I'm heading with my 'one little mantra' for 2017...
 
In 2017, I want to BE THAT GIRL...
* who goes on awesome adventures
* who says yes to life
* who loves and makes mistakes and falls down but is in the arena of life doing her very best
* who goes deeper in her walk with God 
* who has a made up mind about what works for me, what I will or won't do
* who does stuff rather than talks about doing stuff
* who takes care of herself
* who makes time for family and friends
 
More on this later when I am more clear about what this means for me in 2017
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome mantra Ali. Like how you have expanded on "be that girl".

    I haven't "officially" chosen a word for 2017 however I have decided that kindness is my religion ... we all need a little kindness in our lives.

    ReplyDelete