Thursday, July 28, 2016

Scrapbooking as medicine

My life has been really stressful lately...every day seems so long and hard with little joy and peace.  My 'to do' list is endless and some things I just don't know what to do about, like the big crack in my bedroom wall.  It's been a really tough month, so having the Scrap Addicts around for the day on Saturday was like medicine to my wounded soul.  Having Lynn and Linda over to scrapbook and talk and laugh and relax was wonderful, just what I needed.

the dining room table ready for scrapbooking 

a Christmas in July gift for the ladies plus a 'happy half year birthday' gift for Lynn - as Capricorns, we receive all our gifts in December and January, and then nothing for the rest of the year, so Lynn and I now celebrate a half year birthday

I love my patio.  We ate lunch out here, otherwise we stayed indoors as a cold wind started to blow ahead of the cold front which hit Johannesburg this week 

Princess Ruby is also a member of the Scrap Addicts group.  She lay in her basket up against the heater for most of the day 

For lunch, I made baked crumbed chicken breasts on fresh fettucine smothered in pesto sauce and topped with toasted pine nuts, rocket and parmesan shavings - delicious!

Linda, Lynn and I - it was a beautiful day spent with special friends

1 comment:

  1. It was medicine for my soul which I needed soooooooooooooooo badly. Thanks for an awesome day my friend and a DELICIOUS lunch!!!!

    ReplyDelete