Friday, August 8, 2014

Market Day

I visited the Irene Country Market in Pretoria a few weeks ago.  I love getting there early before the crowds arrive, sipping hot coffee and strolling among the stalls.
 
  
These beautiful old trees line the road leading to the country market




 
This lady from one-of-a-kind yarns hand dyes her own wool / cotton, and I loved this gorgeous basket that she was crocheting.  Of course I bought some yarn and I'm attempting to crochet a little basket of my own
 












South African proteas are truly little pieces of exquisite art



a few of my finds from the market... washi tape, baby meringues,
crocheted pot holders and a little hand made bag




and I bought some cute summer T-shirts for my girls -
the sillybilly cycling club and windmills
as well as 2 princess finger puppets


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous photo diary of your outing to the Market. I was so sad not to be able to accompany you.

    I love the owl washi tape ... I need to get there to get some. You look GORGEOUS in that blue top.

    ReplyDelete