I met my friend June several years ago while on a trip to Vietnam. She was already in her early 70's, and still gallivanting around the world. Although June lives in Durban and I don't get to see her that often, I'm so pleased that we're still friends after all these years.
June inspires me to...
* take better care of myself and keep active - June walks and swims most days
* cook 'real' food - she loves cooking and baking, and we share recipes
* help other people - June is always involved in various charity activities
* work hard at maintaining friendships, and she shows me how to be a good friend
* she encourages me when facing the deteriorating health of my mom - her husband also battled Alzheimer's Disease
June's wisdom and feistiness and sense of humour and pragmatism ground me whenever I get to spend time with her, and I think how much I want to be like her
I love having older women as friends, and I find that I get on easily with many of these wise women.
Love you my friend!