Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weekend in review

I am still battling the after effects of a kidney infection, so I took it easy this weekend.  Apart from a few errands and a haircut on Saturday, I spent most of the time at home.  I did some slow gardening on Sunday, assisted by gorgeous miss Ruby.  She was having fun in the garden until a stinkbug sprayed her; poor baby! (Mom killed the stinkbug and his friends!)
 
the rare striped brattus cattus plant 





I don't love Clivias but there are lots of them in my garden left by the previous owners and they are all blooming now, so they get a reprieve before being tossed or moved to the communal garden in the complex




there is no grass in our new garden,
so I got some kitty grass for Ruby - it's good for her digestion 


 
I even planted some lettuce, spinach and rocket for summer salads




Hello spring...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and Spring is in the air..... very nice flowers. And Ruby is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ali, I love the gorgeous striped brattus cattus plant and I so love clivias ~'didn't know you dont like them. Please leave one in the garden just for me!!! and if you do dig them out then I can always plant one in my garden.

    ReplyDelete