Monday, June 12, 2017

Kitchen renovation

I have hated my kitchen ever since I bought my home several years ago.  The previous owners 'renovated' the kitchen (seriously - what were they thinking?!) and the result was brown walls, brown cupboards and a brown floor. 
 


 
I didn't want to do a total renovation of the kitchen as this would be over-capitalizing on the property, but I've decided to stay in my home for a few more years, so I needed to at least 'disguise' the horrible brownness (yes - that's the technical term for butt-ugly coloured kitchens!). 
 
Renato from Ned and Nancy's repainted the existing cabinets and wall tiles 'Paris Grey' using Annie Sloan chalk paint, and I'm loving the result. 
 


 
Renato has a great team that finished the job in 2 half days and 1 full day.  It's taking a while longer to unpack each cupboard, wash out the shelves and contents, and I'm uncluttering as I go.  I'm a happy bunny in the kitchen now.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the new look of your kitchen my friend. I cannot believe that change it has made and how light and bright your kitchen is now. It was a good idea to hide the wood and the painted tiles look amazing.

    I remember painting over bright pink tiles in our bathroom a while after we moved in ... whoever thought bright pink subway type tiles was a good idea was sorely misguided :)

    ReplyDelete