Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sharing a meal

I used to regularly host lunches and dinners at my home for friends and they would do the same.  Then we all got busy and stopped doing it for several years.  I miss the joy of sharing a meal with friends, so I recently started this tradition again by hosting a games evening (I'll tell you more about it in another post). 
 
Cathy invited us over for lunch on Easter Sunday after Church.  Some of us crocheted while she cooked.  We spoke about how as children, the big Sunday roast featured prominently in all our memories.  As single ladies, the Sunday roast is no longer relevant or suitable.  So Cathy made a great big lamb roast for us...a bit of a blast from the past




Cathy

Pat sewing up her gorgeous poncho



Allison and Alison 



I made an apple and pear crumble for dessert; we ate it before I could photograph it
 
 

1 comment: