Monday, February 20, 2017

Walking with Elephants

My friend Bridget treated me to a walk with elephants as my birthday gift - totally fabulous!  She fetched me early on a Sunday morning and we went out to the Magaliesburg for the elephant encounter.  There are 3 elephants, a mom and daughter, and then an orphan who is now part of the group.
 
Bridget, her daughter Boo and I on the game vehicle,
driving out to meet the elephants.
 




As I stood with my hand up against the elephants, my heart broke for the many elephants who are killed by poachers for their tusks.  We heard their low rumble a few times during the encounter - it was magnificent.












 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW!!!!! What an awesome gift!!!!
    That is definitely something on the bucket list for me!!!!
    Your photos are awesome Ali ... can't wait to see the page you will create.

    ReplyDelete