Thursday, May 19, 2016

Blessing bags

My 'one little word' for 2016 is Kindness.  My friend Lynn shared the idea of creating blessing bags which are kept in your car and handed to homeless people in winter.  Winter is on its way to Johannesburg, so I've made 8 blessing bags which are ready to go and be a blessing to people in need.
 


Each bag contains a face cloth, bar of soap, toothpaste and a toothbrush, a packet of tissues and wet wipes, some snacks, a pair of gloves, some cash and a message of encouragement.




It's been really expensive to make up these blessing bags, so I need them to go to the right people.  Unemployment in South Africa is very high (unofficially around 40%), so there are many people begging on the streets.  I have prayed over every bag that it will be a blessing to someone in real need, and I intend praying that God will show me who to give the blessing bags to. 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    leather handbags on sale

    ReplyDelete