Friday, November 9, 2012

What's inspiring me

I've been looking out for what's inspiring me, what I'm drawn to, what I'm excited about; here are some of the things on my list right now...
 
Pink : this is the new accent colour in my bedroom, a sort of plum pink.  I'm also reaching for more pink clothing, notebooks and other girly stuff
 

Red : this is another colour that is inspiring me - hot red.  These are the cushions in my lounge


Bling : this is the gorgeous chandelier in my bedroom.  I'm noticing that I like more and more bling in my home, on my clothing, on my scrap pages...


Social responsibility : I have a passion for supporting women and the education of female children.  Our team at work are helping the LE Notsi Secondary School in Deneysville with a bit of school maintenance; it's a government school but it's in very poor condition.  I am so inspired by the awesome teachers at the school - a phenomenal band of determined women.  I'm arranging 40 recognition gifts for the teachers, just to say thank you and to encourage them to keep going and doing good and inspiring the children


Cooking and baking : I'm inspired to cook and bake a bit more in my new home.  I'm looking at recipe books again.  I enjoy it when friends and family come over, we talk, we eat, we connect.  I'm digging out old school recipes and making old fashioned desserts like lemon meringue pie and peppermint crisp tart...


Paper crafting : I'm inspired to play with paper and ink and art journalling...


Patterns : I'm inspired by this gorgeous Indian Kelim rug in my bedroom.  Sometimes the crosses in the pattern call me to pray and intercede for people, sometimes the pattern makes me think of a scrapbook layout...


Hearts : and I am besotted with hearts.  I'm inspired to decorate my home with hearts, I'm inspired to reach out in love and kindness to other people, I'm encouraged to look for what's right in the world and not what's wrong, I remember that I am so very loved...


 
What's inspiring you right now?
 

2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me right now. So busy at work that I am not getting close to being as creative as I like to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Ali. It is an interesting exercise. I am glad that you are enjoying baking ... because that lemon meringue pie of yours is absolutely divine!!!

    ReplyDelete